Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Back


After a couple of months hiatus from blogging, I'm back. Much has happened in that time. First, a few lift PR updates:-

Deadlift 1RM @ 190kg
Bench Press 1RM @ 110kg
Press 1RM @ 80kg
Back Squat 12RM @ 110kg(will attempt 1RM next week)
Power Clean 3RM @ 90kg

I'm pretty happy with the squats. My right leg isn't 100% yet, but I've been squatting minimum 3 times a week for the past 6 weeks and I can feel the difference it makes to my other lifts. Most notably, my Deadlifts are now much stronger.

Training overall has been pretty good. Have been making much progress with my volume focused program. Scale down the loads, increase the reps, stick with gradual weight increments then attempt a new PR after 2-3 weeks. I've been making steady progress so far. My biggest goal, lifting wise, would be to hit a 200kg deadlift by year's end. With my bodyweight hovering around 70-72kg, I'm happy with results so far.

Alright, down to gym happenings. The past couple of months, a slew of things have been occupying my time. I've had the opportunity to work with a great bunch of PushMore athletes on the POSE running technique in a one day workshop. Visible changes as well as perceived changes by the athletes themselves were fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next workshop already!

Also, I'm leading an "Active Recovery" series of sessions at PushMore for the next 4 weeks. Focus would be on speeding up recovery between workouts, improving mobility as well as performance. The athletes who participated in the first session were introduced to the concept of "therapeutic pain". Using simple tools like PVC pipes, golf balls and tennis balls, we worked on opening tight muscles and joints. It was quite a sight, 20 people or so, rolling around on the ground at the mercy of a tennis ball.

Another exciting thing has been the recent revamp of PushMore's main site. I love the whole concept of it and it's brought our main site right back on to the fast track. Go check it out here www.pushmore.com.my

Catch you soon in the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment