Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Run!


Another long hiatus. Will make it a point to blog weekly from now on.

Anyway.

I've signed up for the The Northface 100. Basically it's a 100km race in the Singapore national park. How fun is that? I will be running in the 100km Duo category, because the 100km Solo race is by invitation only(basically, you gotta be a bad-ass ultra-marathoner). In the Duo 100km event, each partner will run 50km, and the total running times for both team mates will be totaled for overall ranking.

My partner in crime for this event will be non other than Paleobabe. And not forgetting, in PushMore Team B, it will be Edmatron and Juan. So the four of us are gearing up to run the gauntlet on October 9th.

It will be interesting for me for a number of reasons:-
1. The furthest I've ever run is 12km(at least I think it was 12km).
2. I run when a WOD requires. Other than that, I'd rather be doing some heavy lifting.

So, in preparation for the event, I have changed over my training to incorporate Crossfit Endurance running workouts combined together with strength and met-con workouts from Crossfit and Crossfit Football.

Coming into the third week, I feel that my POSE running is getting better and I'm starting to pick up speed on my runs. However, when doing sprint work, my POSE tends to disintegrate under fatigue, so more drills on that.

Strength wise, I've hit some new PRs. My new 5RM Deadlift is 165kgs. I've also managed a 51" Box Jump recently. And recovery between heavy workouts are getting quicker. As for squatting, I've been laying off full range squats because of suspected ITBFS on my right leg. The good thing is, I tried doing some low bar back squats today and they felt great. Bar angle and positioning on the low bar squat doesn't put my knee at a very acute angle, so I can squat!

More progress updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment